Wow, you are going to New York, but where do you start?
Here are my top 10 tips to get you going.....
1. Visit Time Square... take your time, watch, look, wait and then take your photos. It's not the place but the people.
2. Rockerfeller Tower block is great as you get to see the Empire State building and can capture it in your photo. Goto the top, third floor for the best view. www.rockefellercenter.com
3. The Staten Island Ferry. Its free and gives you two 30minute trips. Goto the BACK OF the ferry and you can go outside and shoot New York without glass in the way. http://www.siferry.com
4. Grand Central station is a great place for photos. Go to either end and get up high for some blurred action shots.
5. A Show... the TKTS booth in Time Square is a good place to start for shows the same day.
6. Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to the other side and have an ice cream
7. Walk the Hi Line for an hour of calm in the city.
8. In the winter see the Rockettes at Radio City and/or go Ice skating in Central Park
9. Visit the UN building, join a tour and take your PASSPORT to get in and to also have it stamped at the UN Post Office.
10. Visit the 911 Memorial, but give yourself the time to really read the details as its really well presented.
These are just my ideas to get you started. Do your own research and make it YOUR trip.
For me New York is one of the best places in the world for photography... enjoy