CAPE TOWN TOP TIPS
Here are a few top tips to help you enjoy a holiday in Cape Town
1. Book the Robben Island Ferry a week in advance. Leave slack in your program so if it is windy and cancelled you can go on another day.
2. Take the cable car up Table Top if it is clear of cloud. If you are a good walker then climb up via the botanical gardens and down via the cable car. This is a day's walk which I only did half of due cloud.
3. Walk around the V and A area and eat out.
4. Hire a car and get out of town to Cape Point and the Cape of good hope. Plus visit the Penguins on Boulder beach and Simon town. Maybe some surfing lessons on the coast too.
5. Consider doing the garden route with a long drive to the East of town.
In summary South Africa is a great place to visit. It's cheap to eat brilliant food. Be security conscious and you should be fine. The weather can be top and the people are really friendly. The countryside is amazing and offers lots for the visitor.
It's simply a top place to visit, enjoy.